1. It is configured to track return on ad spend as the primary KPI alongside other relevant conversion data
2. Tracks performance on relevant pre conversion metrics as well as geography and device type
3. It is absolutely free to download and use; all you need are active Google Ads Campaigns
Follow the steps below and you are minutes away from a real-time dashboard to track the performance of your Google Ads campaigns in Google Data Studio.
How to Create a Dashboard using our free template
Google Data Studio allows you to automatically link data from Google services (such as Google Ads, Analytics and more) in order to create dashboards or reports. A dashboard like this can be useful for keeping a high level view on your Google Shopping campaigns or Google Search campaigns in real time.
Dynamic Creative have a free to use Google Data studio template; in order to set this up for your Google Ads campaigns, just follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://datastudio.google.com (if you are not logged in, log into your Google account)
2. Click on this link to take you to the Dynamic Creative Data Studio Dashboard free template
3. Make a copy of the document you will need to be logged in to do so (pictured below)
If prompted, go through the “Welcome to Google Data Studio” steps
Terms and conditions
Preferences for communication
Create data sources for your Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts
Select Google Ads as the connector – Authorise Google Data Studio to access Google Ads data
Select your Google Ads account and Google Analytics accounts and click connect
Click add to report
Click create report
You now have a Google Data Studio dashboard for your Google Ads campaigns!
If you would like help with how to create dashboards in Data Studio or help with managing your Google Shopping Ads please visit our website.